Toyota Tacoma Cars were manufactured by the Japanese Automobile Manufacturer in U.S since 1995. Up to now three generations or simply three models have been released into the market. As this business is based on buy and sell you need to know about the particulars regarding the sale of Used Toyota Tacoma For Sale. In the present article you can get to know all the information regarding Used Toyota Tacoma For Sale.
Used Toyota Tacoma For Sale
Basically Toyota Tacoma is a Pick-up truck used to for delivery purposes. The Tacoma was Motor Trend Magazine’s Truck of the Year for 2005. As of 2015, the Toyota Tacoma is sold in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Panama, Bolivia, Chile, and the French territory of New Caledonia.
The Toyota Tacoma is one of the best selling compact pick-up trucks available in the U.S. It is manufactured at the NUMMI plant in California, which is known for high quality and employee involvement. The Tacoma, which is an Indian word for Mount Rainer, was originally introduced in the U.S. market in 1995 in an effort by the Toyota Motor Corporation to compete more aggressively in the compact truck market. Since its introduction, the Tacoma has been through several iterations and even named “Best Vehicle on Earth” by 160 different countries.
Different models of Toyota Tacoma Trucks
- First Generation (January 1995–August 2004) :
The Tacoma was introduced in the US in February 1995 (March 1995 market launch) as a replacement for the Hilux, which prior to this was marketed in the US under the name Toyota Pickup.
• Production – January 1995 to August 27, 2004.
• Model Years – 1995 -2004
• Designers – Kevin Hunter and Yusuke Fukushima
• Engine –
a.) 2.4 L four-cylinder rated at 142 hp (106 kW) and 160 lb⋅ft (217 N⋅m) of torque.
b.) 2.7 L four-cylinder rated at 150 hp (112 kW) and 177 lb⋅ft (240 N⋅m) of torque.
c.) 3.4 L V6 rated at 190 hp (142 kW) and 220 lb⋅ft (298 N⋅m) of torque.
• Transmission : 4 Speed Automatic and 5 Speed Manual.
• Curb Weight – 2WD: 3155 lbs, 4WD: 3877 lbs
- Second Generation (August 2004–August 2015):
In 2000, Toyota began development of the second generation Tacoma under chief engineer Chikuo Kubota. The majority of development work was handled by Hino in Japan.
• Production – August 2004 to August 2015.
• Model Years – 2004 – 2015
• Designers – Shigeya Hattori, Hideo Karikomi , Akira Yamaguchi, Jinichi Sato.
• Engine – 2.7 L 2TR-FE I4 (159 hp), 4.0 L 1GR-FE V6 (236 hp).
• Transmission : 4 Speed and 5 Speed (Automatic), 5 Speed and 6 Speed (Manual).
• Curb Weight : 3,550–4,220 lb (1,610–1,914 kg.
- Third Generation (September 2015 – Present):
The new Tacoma was officially unveiled at the January 2015 Detroit Auto Show with United States sales following in September 2015.
• Production – September 2015 to Present.
• Model Years – 2016 to Present.
• Engine – 2.7 Liter 2TR-FE I4 (159 hp), 3.5 Liter 2GR-FKS V6 (278 hp)
• Transmission : 5 Speed and 6 Speed (Manual), 6 Speed (Automatic).
More details onUsed Toyota Tacoma For Sale click here.